While not all women can tell they’re ovulating, your body does send you some signs:
- Lower abdominal pain, usually near the ovary that’s ovulating – it has been dubbed the “cycle pain” and is caused by the irritation provoked by the follicle fluid or blood when it tears – and it won’t happen in every cycle.
- The natural vaginal secretion (cervical mucus) usually appears due to the hormone estradiol. The intent is to increase lubrication in order to facilitate the entry of sperms inside the vagina.
- Some women claim they feel similar symptoms to those experienced during premenstrual tension or PMS: bloating, altered emotions, headaches, and even acne.
- There’s a difference in appetite and libido.
- There’s a slight but perceptible change in basal bodily temperature.